1. Brief Introduction
Smart Hanger is a Revit tool which helps users to place hangers and supports for all MEP curve elements. It can place hangers and supports automatically based on preset rules, maintain relative position between hangers/supports and their hosts, and adjust fixing points to the closest structural elements or levels.
By using Smart Hanger, your work efficiency gets great improvements. And it brings your BIM model detail level to the next level.
Smart Hanger has following features：
- Place Hangers on Ducts, Pipes, Cable Trays and Conduits
- Place Supports on Pipes
- Hanger and Support Auto Placement
- Place Specific Hanger/Support Type Based on Host Size
- Hanger and Support Manual Placement
- Support both Imperial and Metric Units
- Support insulated ducts and pipes
- Auto update with its host elements
- Hangers/Supports move with its host
- Disassociated with its host
- Adjust Fixing Points to the Closest Structural Elements
- Adjust Fixing Points to the Closest Level
- Delete associated hangers and supports
3. Feature Description
3.1 Basic Function
3.1.1 Place Hangers on Ducts, Pipes, Cable Trays and Conduits
Using Smart Hanger tools, you can place hangers on all kinds of MEP curves, including ducts, pipes, cable trays and conduits.
3.1.2 Place Supports on Pipes
Similar to place hangers, you also can place supports for Pipes using Smart Hanger tools.
There is a True/False type parameter “isSupport” for Support families. If the family is used as a support, you need to set the “isSupport” parameter to True. Then it can adjust its fixing points downwards to structural elements or levels, when using Adjust Fixing Points command.
3.1.3 Hanger size for insulated duct/pipe
Hanger size always matches the overall size if the ducts/ pipes get insulated.
If you add insulation for ducts/pipes which already have hanger placed, the hanger size will be updated automatically to suit the insulated ducts/pipe.
3.1.4 Support both Imperial and Metric Units
Hanger and support families are located in folder below using default installation: %appdata%\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2016.